AIPS is delighted to announce Short-term/Summer Research Grants to Pakistan for 2017. This grant is open to those who are affiliated with an academic institution in the US, regardless of citizenship. US citizen applicants will be required to conduct research in either Islamabad or Lahore. All research must be conducted by December 31, 2017. It is assumed that grantees will spend one to three months in Pakistan conducting research on this award.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2017
- Must be an AIPS Individual member at the time of the application and if awarded, must remain an AIPS individual member throughout the tenure of the award
- Must be affiliated with a US academic institution
- Must be a graduate degree seeking or graduate degree completed individual
- No citizenship restriction (however, we do need to know citizenship at the time of application for implication on visa, etc.)
How to apply:
- Become an AIPS Individual Member if not currently (Please see www.pakistanstudies-aips.org/membership/individual for information about becoming a member)
- Submit a one-page proposal/research statement (formatted in Microsoft Word)
- Submit a current CV
- Submit one letter of recommendation (graduate students only)
- Send all application materials via email to: email@example.com
** Please state your Citizenship status when applying**
Grants will be awarded at $3,000 for each award
Funds can be used to cover airfare and living expenses
Travel must take place between March 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017
Notes to applicants:
- AIPS strongly recommends that you establish an affiliation with an academic institution in Pakistan for the duration of this award. We expect for grantees to have contacts in Pakistan and arrange for their own affiliation.
- If awarded, your award letter can be used for the Pakistani visa application, but acquiring the visa is the responsibility of the applicant as are any associated expenses.
- US citizens must conduct research in Islamabad and/or Lahore. Non US citizens may conduct research anywhere in Pakistan.
- Please note that AIPS can assist with finding appropriate accommodations in Islamabad and/or Lahore but that the candidate will be responsible for paying for accommodations.
**For clarification/questions, please contact the AIPS office, firstname.lastname@example.org**