**Pre-doctoral means completed all requirements of PhD except dissertation**
Junior Fellowship Requirements
- Travel must be conducted in countries other than Pakistan or the United States (US Citizen)
- Travel can be conducted in Pakistan or other countries, but not in the US (Non-US Citizen)
- Travel duration is between two and nine months
- Must be enrolled/employed full-time in a US academic institution
- Must be an AIPS individual member at the time of application and through the conclusion of this award (i.e. applicant may need to be a member for more than one fiscal year)
Junior Fellowship Details:
- Pre-doctoral applicants must have completed all requirements of PhD except for dissertation.
- Pre-doctoral applicants are required to submit at least two letters of recommendation; one letter must be from their dissertation advisor. ** Please note that you are still able to upload three (3) letters of recommendation on your application, but are only required to include the above requirements.
- Pre-doctoral applicants must submit their transcript(s).
Each participant will be required to sign a release that stipulates the relevant security issues that need to be adopted (if applicable) and the fellowship terms and conditions.
The application is an online package. Candidates must use this online application package. You will be able to save, exit, and return to this application after you have begun. Paper or email applications will not be accepted.
Once the deadline for applications has passed, fellowship applications are sent to an external review committee, made up of Pakistan Studies scholars and/or members of the Executive Committee. All applications will be reviewed in a timely manner. We thank you for your patience while we process and review all awards. When possible, AIPS will provide an updated timeline of the review process.
I meet these requirements; please send me to the application!
Visit our FAQ page with any additional questions.