AIPS is pleased to announce funding is available for a permanent faculty member from an AIPS member institution to organize a workshop series. We have funding for two workshop series.
This is the same workshop series as we have been running in the past few years. We are encouraging faculty members from institutions that have not received prior funding to organize a workshop series. Each series will consist of two separate workshops (spread apart by 4-6) months) based on the same theme and the same 10-12 junior faculty attendees from designated universities in Pakistan. A review committee will determine the workshop attendees. The organizer will coordinate specific faculty members from his/her or another institution in the US (preferably another AIPS affiliated faculty). We urge applicants to collaborate with local Pakistan universities or scholars.
A proposal should outline the following:
- The workshop theme and intellectual content
- The names (include CVs) of all the workshop leaders
- The outline of the workshop series
- The dates of the proposed series
Recent themes have included: Archeology and Cultural Heritage, Cultural Studies, Art History and Architecture, Conflict Resolution, and Peace Studies
AIPS will provide the following for each workshop:
- Round trip economy airfare to Pakistan for each leader (2 in total)
- Accommodations while in Pakistan for each leader (7 days each trip)
- Accommodations and ground travel for all Pakistan attendees
- Honorarium ($1000) for each workshop leader
- Visa expenses
Funding for these workshops is made possible through the generous support of the U.S. Embassy in Pakistan.
Proposals should be sent to Laura Hammond at email@example.com