AIPS is delighted to be able to offer research/travel grants to Pakistan for summer of 2017. This grant is open to those who are affiliated with an academic institution within the US, regardless of citizenship. We strongly encourage graduate students enrolled in a US university to apply. US citizen applicants will be required to conduct research in either Islamabad or Lahore. All research must be conducted by December 31, 2017. It is assumed that grantees will spend one to three months in Pakistan conducting research on this award.
In order to apply, you must be an AIPS Individual member. Please see the website for information about becoming a member: www.pakistanstudies-aips.org/membership/individual.
- Must be an AIPS Individual member at the time of the application and if awarded, must remain an AIPS individual member throughout the tenure of the award
- Must be affiliated with a US academic institution
- Must be a graduate degree seeking or graduate degree completed individual
- No citizenship restriction (however, we do need to know citizenship at the time of application for implication on visa, etc.)
How to apply:
** Please state your Citizenship status when applying**
How to apply:
- Submit a one-page proposal/research statement (formatted in Microsoft Word)
- Submit a current CV
- Submit one letter of recommendation (graduate students only)
- Become an AIPS Individual Member if not one currently
- Send all application materials via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
** Please state your Citizenship status when applying.
- Grants will be awarded at $3,000 for each award
- Funds can be used to cover airfare and living expenses
- Travel must take place between March 1, 2017 and December 31, 2017
Application Deadline: February 15, 2017
Notes to applicants:
- AIPS strongly recommends that you establish an affiliation with an academic institution in Pakistan for the duration of this award. We expect for grantees to have contacts in Pakistan and arrange for their own affiliation.
- If awarded, your award letter can be used for the Pakistani visa application, but acquiring the visa is the responsibility of the applicant as are any associated expenses.
- US citizens must conduct research in Islamabad and/or Lahore. Non US citizens may conduct research anywhere in Pakistan.
- Please note that AIPS can assist with finding appropriate accommodations in Islamabad and/or Lahore but that the candidate will be responsible for paying for accommodations.
For clarifications/questions, please contact the AIPS office, email@example.com