Deadline: JANUARY 20, 2017
Job Description: The American Institute of Pakistan Studies and the Berkeley Urdu Language Program in Pakistan invite applications for appointment as full-time lecturer in the newly established BULPIP-AIPS Urdu Program in Lahore (Pakistan). The appointment is for five months (August 1 – December 31, 2017).
Responsibilities: The Urdu Lecturer will be required to:
- Teach a blended intensive course that combines intermediate and advanced levels;
- Undertake individualized readings courses in which students read and discuss materials that are most relevant to their particular research and/or personal interests;
- Ensure that the teaching materials are available to the students on a daily basis;
- Make sure the students are meeting/have met basic learning goals (measured through assessment tests administered across the semester);
- Work with the Program Manager of the BULPIP-AIPS program (who will be responsible for enriching the classroom experience of the participants);
- Provide updates and be accountable for outcomes to the BULPIP-AIPS Curriculum Committee
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Native or near-native fluency in Urdu as well as College-level experience teaching Urdu to non-native speakers. An M.A. in South Asian Studies, Urdu language and literature, or a related field is desired, but not necessary.
Applications: All supporting materials outlined below must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A letter of application
- A current Curriculum Vitae;
- A one-page Statement of Teaching Philosophy, submitted in both Urdu and English;
- Samples of relevant teaching materials authored by the applicant;
- Teaching evaluations (if available);
- Reference letters from three referees are required; applicants are responsible for requesting letters from their letter-writers by the deadline. Letters must be emailed to email@example.com
- Salary: $15,000
- Benefits: Secure lodging and transportation in Lahore for duration of appointment
All inquiries should be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org;
The deadline to apply is JANUARY 20, 2017.