Deadline: JANUARY 20, 2017
Job Description: The American Institute of Pakistan Studies and the Berkeley Urdu Language Program in Pakistan invite applications for appointment as a Program Manager to coordinate their semester-long intensive Urdu language program. The appointment is for five months (August 1 – December 31, 2017). The Program Manager will be based in Lahore (Pakistan), must be able to travel in and to Pakistan, as well as participate in a pre-departure orientation in May 2017 at the University of California, Berkeley.
Responsibilities: The Program Manager will be required to:
- Provide oversight over all aspects of the Urdu language program including student life and housing as well as administration of the academic and institutional aspects of the program;
- Provide weekly program updates to the BULPIP-AIPS office in the United States;
- Act as the primary liaison between the BULPIP-AIPS Urdu Program teaching staff in Lahore and associated faculty and staff at the Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS);
- Assist students in integrating into the academic and social life of the LUMS campus;
- Help students in identifying and connecting with scholars in their fields of study or topics of research interest at LUMS as well as other local universities and institutions;
- Organize weekly program lectures by prominent literary figures, artists, activists, etc.
- Organize, coordinate and oversee weekly field trips by program participants;
- Help students at any time of the day/night in case of an emergency
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Graduate degree (M.A. or higher; preference will be given to graduates of US educational institutions);
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Proficiency in spoken and written Urdu;
- Experience living, working, or studying in Pakistan;
- Familiarity with the diverse academic, professional, and artistic communities of Lahore;
- Experience in international education;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
Application: Applications and all supporting materials outlined below must be submitted via email to: email@example.com
- A letter of application;
- A resume;
- A one-page statement outlining a 10-week speaker series (drawing on the resources available in Lahore) that would introduce a diverse group of American graduate students to the social and cultural life of contemporary Pakistan;
- Reference letters from three referees are required; applicants are responsible for requesting letter from their letter-writers by the deadline.
- Salary: $20,000
- Benefits: Secure lodging and transportation in Lahore for duration of appointment
The deadline to apply is JANUARY 20, 2017.
All inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org